VolsREACH is a 90-minute interactive class taught by SCCS. Students are often sanctioned to VolsREACH when their behavior included poor ethical decision making and judgment. Integrity is important at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and students represent UT wherever they are. The goal of the Vols Reach is to prompt students to reflect upon how the values of Respect, Ethics, Actions, Civility, and Honesty (R.E.A.C.H.) impact daily decision making and the University of Tennessee community.
- Students sanctioned to complete Vols Reach will reflect upon their decision making related to their Conduct incident.
- Students sanctioned to complete Vols Reach will identify specific factors that contributed to their decision making related to their Conduct incident.
- Students sanctioned to complete Vols Reach will describe the impacts of their decision making on others in the community.
- Students sanctioned to complete Vols Reach will identify and communicate at least one thing they learned as a result of their interaction with the Student Conduct process.
- 92% of students were able to acknowledge poor ethical decision making and the consequences of their decisions
- 99% of students were able to identify circumstances leading up to the incident
- 89% of students were able to recognize the impact of their poor decision making on themselves
- 89% of students were able to identify at least one thing they learned as an outcome of the incident and due to their involvement with the Student Conduct Office. They were also able to identify one way to prevent similar behavior/decision making in the future