“Assessment is any effort to gather, analyze, and interpret evidence which describes institutional, divisional, or agency effectiveness.”Upcraft & Schuh, p18
As part of its mission to advance the existing culture of assessment, the Office of Assessment and Strategic Initiatives helps departments across the Division of Student Life collect and analyze data to enhance knowledge, guide practice, and inform decision-making.
OASI provides training and resources to help departments successfully navigate the following:
- Preparation of the Division Annual Report, including the regular updating and maintenance of Key Performance Indicators for each department,
- Identification of student learning and program goals that align with the Division Tactical and University Strategic plans,
- Organization of activity codes that inform the co-curricular Volunteer Experiences transcript
- Assessment and evaluation of program effectiveness, including survey administration using Anthology (formerly Campus Labs) Baseline
- Preparation and facilitation of program reviews
Learn more about each of these activities by clicking the buttons below:Key Performance Indicators Program Review Annual Planning
Quote from Upcraft, M.L., & Schuh, J.H. (1996). Assessment in student affairs. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.